About This Event
Overview: Are you a recent graduate looking to break into the tech scene? Or a seasoned professional ready for your next adventure? No matter where you are in your career journey, if you want to work at a startup, this is everything you need to know. We’re partnering with Planted to bring together a panel of industry experts from some of the hottest companies in New York City — they’ll give you the inside scoop on how to get your foot in the door at the startup of your dreams.
Why It Matters: No matter your professional experience, industry background, or undergraduate major, there’s room for everyone in tech — even those of us who don’t code! But although there are plenty of opportunities in the startup scene, breaking in can be tricky, especially if you have a non-technical skill set. These experts will give you the low-down on what life is really like at a fast-growing company, what they look for in their best hires, and their secrets to success for interviews and beyond.
- How to position yourself when applying to startup jobs.
- How to obtain and showcase the skills hiring managers look for most.
- How to network like a pro in the tech scene.
- How to succeed in the challenging, unpredictable world of startups!
- September 23, 2020 at 5:30pm – 7pm
New York, NY 10010
Google map and directions