Hosting a tech related event? Submit your event to our community calendar by clicking on the "Host Your Own Event" at the bottom of the page!
- Wednesday, December 06, 2023 at 11:30 AM
When selling a company, it is easy to focus on the most visible stages of the process – identifying a buyer, negotiating a price, diligence, and documenting and closing the deal. Yet, some of the most important factors in ensuring a successful sale occur long before the company is actually “in play.”
Our 2023 edition of this panel will feature an investment banker, an accountant with an active M&A advisory practice, a wealth manager and a corporate/M&A lawyer. They will explore many of the critical elements in long-range M&A planning, including the following:
- Recognizing and concentrating on the metrics that purchasers in the relevant industry will use to value the company
- Staying abreast of developments in the industry, activities of competitors, other acquisition activity and similar market information, in order to identify trends and to be able to recognize when the climate is right for a sale
- Long-term legal arrangements to prepare for a transaction, including avoiding problematic contractual provisions and establishing proper ownership and protection of intellectual property
- Maintaining orderly commercial, financial and legal records to increase the attractiveness of the company, expedite the sale process and prevent surprises during diligence that can reduce the purchase price
- Engaging in timely wealth management planning for founders
Bring your questions for the panelists, or send them in advance – time has been set aside.
RSVP on Zoom here.
11:30 - 12:00 - Virtual Networking
12:00 - 1:00 - Panel Discussion and Q&A
1:00 - 1:30 - Virtual Networking
As Managing Partner of the 12-lawyer Ellis Law Group, Paul counsels on issues including formation, early-stage financing (friends and family, angel and VC), joint venture and strategic partnering relationships, employment, equity plans, mergers and acquisitions, and, together with his colleagues, protection and licensing of intellectual property. His experience spans multiple industries including software, digital media, e-commerce, healthcare, fintech and blockchain and cryptocurrency. He has represented companies ranging from startups to multinationals, as well as funds, family offices and individual investors. Clients choose Paul to negotiate complex business matters and provide sophisticated, strategic legal advice for establishing, financing, operating and exiting highly successful, and often rapidly-growing, companies.
With over 26 years in the public accounting realm, Jeanette Jordan brings extensive expertise to the transaction advisory field, with 15 years focused on due diligence. Specializing in guiding clients through strategic and financial buyer transactions, she has successfully led projects with valuations ranging up to $900M, particularly excelling in the $30M to $80M range. As a licensed CPA in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, and a Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor, she contributes actively to professional bodies like AICPA, NJCPA, ACG, and AM&AA. In addition to her industry involvement, she serves as President of XPX New Jersey and Tri-State XPX Board Member, demonstrating her commitment to community engagement through volunteer work with the New Jersey Special Olympics and various educational foundations. Her diverse experience spans sectors like hospitality, manufacturing, private equity, technology, and consumer products, and her services encompass transaction advisory, due diligence, and management consulting.
Brian Mizoguchi is a Senior Financial Advisor and Portfolio Manager at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. He runs a New York-based wealth management team specializing in advising the owners and executives of privately held businesses, with a focus on technology, healthcare, and life sciences companies. A Certified Exit Planning Advisor®, Brian helps clients prepare for and execute M&A transactions through comprehensive financial planning. Brian is a leader in sustainable and impact investing, serving as the chairman of the Impact Capital Forum and as a program mentor for Wharton’s Turner Impact Portfolio Challenge. He holds a degree in Economics from Hamilton College.
Don More is a Managing Director at Lincoln International, a global investment bank, and advises clients in the Cybersecurity and Risk/GRC sectors, where he has consummated 70+ M&A and financing transactions, on behalf of the most accomplished entrepreneurs and investors. Don has more than 20 years of banking and sector expertise.
RSVP on Zoom here.
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 11:00 AM
As economic uncertainty continues to be a headwind in 2023 and beyond, controlling cloud spend tops the list of challenges for 94% of enterprises and SMBs alike. Paired with the need for a resilient data protection and security strategy for every last byte of data as threats increase, organizations wrongfully face an ultimatum. Properly protect everything and overspend, or stay on budget by sacrificing resilience. It doesn't have to be that way...
Join this interactive event to learn tips, tricks and best practices from cloud, backup and FinOps experts on how to implement and maintain water-tight protection strategy across your hybrid- and multi-cloud without overspending. We'll cover topics like over provisioned and unused resources, long-term retention and storage options, automation, skilling and forecasting to name a few. But this event is for you, so come prepared with your burning questions and challenges and get them answered live by the pros. See you there!
Time: 11:00 am - 11:45 am
Venue details: Online
Category: Conferences | Engineering and Technology | Technology
Speaker: Sam Nicholls, Director, Public Cloud – Global Product Marketing at Veeam
Free: USD 0.00
- Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 12:00 PM
- https://www.thesocialmediaassociation.com/event-details/2024-content-calendar-workshop $20.00 USD
Join The Social Media Association and renowned social media expert Jillian Weston for an exclusive workshop on crafting a content calendar that drives engagement and amplifies your brand's voice. In this interactive workshop, you'll learn:
- The key elements of an effective social media content calendar
- Proven techniques for brainstorming and curating engaging content ideas
- Strategies for scheduling and distributing your content across various platforms
- Methods for measuring and analyzing the performance of your content
Tech Gather NYC is a mixer for anyone and everyone in NYC Tech.
New to Tech? Welcome!
15 years in? Come on down!
Just got to the city? Get to know the techies here!
Been here forever? Grab your "Pizza Rat" headband and welcome the newbies.
Be you Product, UI, Coder or Solutions or any of the buzz terms our industry throws out there, come unwind at a chill Irish pub on Fulton with cheap drinks and stay for a top-notch (free!) karaoke session next door.
Did I mention the whole thing is free?
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 12:00 PM
Join SGO Director of Training, Fatima Dainkeh, and Public Programs Manager, Akyanna Smith-Gonzalez, for an informative webinar that will empower you to kickstart your diversity, equity, and inclusion training journey in 2024! This session is designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools needed to start developing an impactful DEI learning strategy for your organization. Whether you’re just beginning your journey or are looking to deepen your understanding, this webinar will guide you through learning journeys and provide tangible ways to launch or expand your efforts. We’ll answer your questions live and use our programming and training as examples of how to build your plans. By the end of this webinar, you’ll be inspired and empowered to take your DEI efforts to new heights in the new year.
– Explore our Theory of Change and Learning Journeys: Discover learning programs that cater to your specific goals and how they can be leveraged to drive meaningful change within your organization.
– Unlock the Power of Public Programs: Learn more about our diverse range of public programs to enrich your DEI knowledge and learn in community with others.
– Craft Your DEI Plan for 2024: We’ll help you begin planning for professional development opportunities in 2024.
- Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 09:00 AM
- https://go.evvnt.com/2052041-2?pid=4609 $499.00 USD
Join us for the highly anticipated Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO), Financial Services, taking place on February 13-14, 2024, at etc.venues, in New York City!
Speakers will share insights into the solutions needed to deal with the most pressing challenges facing the data and analytics community in the Financial Services sector.
Data and analytics are constantly evolving and require your team to be agile in every way possible. Discover the latest trends and solutions providers to help you and your team to navigate unchartered territory.
A unique opportunity to interact with industry leaders, influential technologists, and data scientists paving the way in the data and analytics space. Learn from and connect with 100+ industry innovators sharing best practices and advice to improve data and analytics strategy
Who should attend:
- CDAOs, CDOs, CAOs, CTOs, CIOs, CEOs
- Data Scientists
- Data Engineers
- Data and Analytics Leaders
What to expect:
- 40+ speakers
- Panel Discussions
- Discussion Groups
- Access to presentation slides
- Discover technology shaping the future
To register, visit: https://cdaofs.coriniumintelligence.com/registration-pricing
Date and Time: On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 09:00 - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:00
Venue details: etc.venues 360 Madison, 360 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10017, United States
Category: Conferences | Business and Economics | Finance | Financial Technology
End User Registration: USD 499.00