About Lehman College
Lehman College is a senior college of the City University of New York in the Bronx borough of New York City. Founded in 1931 as the Bronx campus of Hunter College, the school became an independent college within CUNY in September 1967.
About The Project
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies (SCPS) plays an essential role in fulfilling the college’s mission of serving the Bronx and surrounding region as an intellectual, economic and cultural center. Each year, hundreds of companies have grown, thanks to procurement technical assistance, loan advice and other services such as social media marketing, business plan development, and connections with Lehman College’s Small Business Development Center.
Through a partnership with and funding by Verizon, Lehman College’s Small Business Development Center has launched a program that seeks to help small business owners and entrepreneurs to learn how to use technology to shift their business model to meet the needs of clients while finding new sources of revenue.
- Inform business founders/owners how to use technology to shift their business model to meet the needs of their clients while finding new sources of revenue.
- Assess their marketing needs and what technology solution can help them meet their goals.
- Be matched with a business owner to coach them through the selection and implementation of these valuable technologies over a period of 3-6 months.
Volunteer Roles Needed
We are seeking mentors with experience in any of the following areas:
- Online marketing (SEO, Social media etc.)
- Website development
- App development
- Operations/ Customer Relationship Management
- New emerging technology products (Virtual reality & Augmented reality, sensors, online courses, etc.)
- Or other technology, please specify