About Lehman College
Lehman College is a senior college of the City University of New York in the Bronx borough of New York City. Founded in 1931 as the Bronx campus of Hunter College, the school became an independent college within CUNY in September 1967.
About The Project
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies (SCPS) plays an essential role in fulfilling the college’s mission of serving the Bronx and surrounding region as an intellectual, economic and cultural center. Each year, hundreds of companies have grown, thanks to procurement technical assistance, loan advice and other services such as social media marketing, business plan development, and connections with Lehman College’s Small Business Development Center.
Through a partnership with and funding by Verizon, Lehman College’s Small Business Development Center has launched a program that seeks to help small business owners and entrepreneurs to learn how to use technology to shift their business model to meet the needs of clients while finding new sources of revenue.
- Inform business founders/owners how to use technology to shift their business model to meet the needs of their clients while finding new sources of revenue.
- Assess their marketing needs and what technology solution can help them meet their goals.
- Be matched with a business owner to coach them through the selection and implementation of these valuable technologies over a period of 3-6 months.
Volunteer Roles Needed
Become a digital marketing mentor to a small business owner affected by Covid-19. You will be matched with a struggling small business owner looking for a new way to market their business.
Over a period of 3-6 months, you will meet virtually with your entrepreneur to coach him/her through the process of identifying, evaluating and potentially reaching new markets through technology. These solutions may range from website redesign to social medial initiatives to reach new clients.
Volunteers must attend the online Mentorship Kick-Off Event on Wednesday, 10/06/2021 from 3:00-5:00pm, to be matched with their mentorship group. Volunteers must be willing to attend structured mentorship meetings with their small business mentorship group for three weeks and then continued with unstructured mentorship through April 2022 completion. All Mentorship meetings will be virtual and last no longer than one hour. Each volunteer will receive a welcome email within 24 hours of signing up on the Verizon Volunteer Platform, containing Zoom link to the first shift.
- Session 4: Wednesday, 10/6/2021, 3pm-5pm (Mandatory instruction & mentorship session)
- Structured mentorship 1: Wednesday, 10/13/2021, 4pm-5pm
- Structured mentorship 2: Wednesday, 10/20/2021, 4pm-5pm
- Structured mentorship 3: Wednesday, 10/27/2021, 4pm-5pm
- Unstructured mentorship as needed: 11/3/2021 to 4/6/2022
http://lehman.edu/techincubator/verizon.php Lehman College, City University of New York
Impact this event will have
Providing valuable coaching and support to struggling business owners so that they can innovate their business and reach new markets with new technology. Please confirm your availability ASAP. Contact Ariba Razzaq at [email protected]