The concept of investing is pretty simple. You put money toward an asset that you believe will appreciate over time, with the goal of building wealth via compound interest and bucking the impact of inflation over time. The opportunities when it comes to investing tend to be more complex, though. Beyond investing in the stock market or real estate, emerging investment opportunities in cryptocurrencies or digital assets (e.g. NFTs) are rising in popularity. This session will provide a summary of the various types of investment opportunities and how to think about them as you plan your own mix based on your personal financial goals.
This event is for educational purposes only and is not investment advice. See Public Disclosures.
- Key types of investments: how they work, what they mean, and how to think about them
- Modern stock market investing: what's changed and what are the new opportunities for education available
- How fintech is changing real estate and angel investing
- Overview of emerging asset classes like cryptocurrencies and NFTs
Those interested in following along with the Public.com demo can download the free app here and start with a free slice of stock. US residents only, 18+. Subject to account approval.
- June 16, 2021 at 5:00pm – 6pm
New York, NY 10010
Google map and directions