Interested in exploring the programming languages that power the web, or looking for guidance writing your first lines of code? You’ve come to the right place!
In this free, two-hour livestream, explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how you can apply these programming languages to develop your own simple sites. All in real time, taught by an industry professional.
Come learn the basics and gain the skills you need to write your first line of code!
What will the livestream learning experience be like?
- Ask questions and build your online network by interacting with fellow classmates and an expert instructor —all in real time via live chatbox and Q&A.
- Complete optional classwork designed to give you a hands-on taste of the subject.
- Learn new skills in the comfort of your own home, or on the go! All participants will be automatically muted with no video.
- Get a closer look at how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Learn how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
Ready to continue on your learning journey?
Check out our course catalog to find your next step. Whether you’re looking to enhance your professional skill set in one of our part-time courses, or go for a complete career transformation by enrolling in one of our immersive courses, we’ve got you covered!
- This class is taken completely online, and requires a computer and a strong internet connection.
- A second monitor is recommended if you want to follow-along in class.
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class.
- NOTE: Some domains block our automated emails, so If you don’t receive sign-in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll send sign-in instructions right away!
About the Instructor
Software Engineering Immersive Lead Instructor, General Assembly
Taylor is a full-stack software engineer, full-time human, STEM educator, music maniac, mindfulness student, and change agent. Her trauma-informed teaching approach focuses on deconstructing her students' self-limiting beliefs so they can experience more empowerment and curiosity. Taylor loves challenging the traditional work environment and advocating for a radically inclusive and holistic work landscape. She practices The Work of Byron Katie, trauma-informed Yoga, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction, Organic Intelligence, and other methods aimed at bringing unity and peace to both the micro and the macro. When she's not teaching, you can find her hiking in the mountains or moshing at some pop-punk show.
- December 15, 2021 at 10:00am – 12pm
New York, NY 10010
Google map and directions