Are you thinking about a career in UX Design, but don’t know where to start?
This free, 2-hour workshop will give you an understanding of what it takes to be a UX Designer, and how to apply the UX Design process to start building your portfolio today. Learn from an expert instructor with real world experience in the industry you want to break into. Join us and gain the confidence to take the next step in your career.
What to expect during this workshop:
- Ask questions and build your network by interacting with fellow participants and an industry expert in UX Design.
- Get a hands-on taste of the UX Design Process.
- Understand what a UX designer does every day, the skills they need, and the tools they use
- Gain the confidence you need to make recommendations for improving a user’s experience
- Learn the difference between making a product useable vs. delightful
- Practice building a low-fi prototype to quickly test ideas
To ensure the safety of our community, please be sure to show proof of vaccination when checking in and leave your mask on, unless you’re actively consuming food and beverages. Thank you!
About the Instructor
Tyler Hartrich is a product designer with a mission to create delightful digital experiences that deeply impact people’s lives. With an academic background in urban design, ecological systems design, and an MBA in Sustainable Enterprise, he approaches design problems with a human-centered methodology, focusing on building empathy throughout the design process.
He has worked with organizations spanning solar technology, electric bicycles, organization design, farm-to-fork food systems and climate impact analysis for local governments. Tyler is a current UXDI Immersive instructor at General Assembly.
Outside of GA, you can find him making hand-made ravioli, cycling up the 9W, or escaping for the weekend up north.
In recognition of his exemplary service in the classroom, Tyler has been selected as a member of General Assembly's Distinguished Faculty program. Tyler serves as a member of GA's Product Advisory Board for our design courses.
- December 06, 2022 at 6:00pm – 8pm
General Assembly NYC
10 E 21st St
New York, NY 10010
Google map and directions