This single day bootcamp will run through the analytical workflow -- from collecting, cleaning, analyzing and presenting insights from public data sets. We will introduce important tools used in this process such as Google Sheets and Tableau.
- Introduce concepts and practice using and managing data
- Transform data for descriptive analytics and business intelligence decision-making
- Develop compelling visualizations that articulate the value of data assets
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.
- Learn about the value of data in everyday decision making
- Understand the analytics workflow
- Be introduced to tools for data analysis
- Formulate research questions that can be informed with data
- Clean and analyze data in Google Sheets to improve decision making
- Learn advanced features of spreadsheet technology, such as pivot tables, to manage and explore data
- Explore Tableau Public to visualize the results of your analysis
- Develop presentations that articulate key findings to various audiences
Install Tableau Public and Google Sheets prior to class.
You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
About the Instructor
Senior Data and Technology Strategist, The Movement Cooperative
Since 2013, Bianca has empowered for-profit companies, electoral campaigns and non-profit organizations to strategically use data. She is currently the Data and Analytics Strategist at Forward Together, a non-profit that works nationally to ensure that all families have the rights, recognition and resources they need to thrive.
After working on President Obama's re-election campaign as a Field Organizer in Tampa, Florida, Bianca continued immersing herself in data-driven campaigns and non-profit work. She was the National Data Manager at Organizing for Action where she oversaw reporting, training and data for Grassroots staff and volunteers. She then worked at Civis Analytics as a Client Success Analyst working with a diverse portfolio of clients on how to leverage the Civis Platform.
A native Oregonian, Bianca lived in the United Kingdom for five years, and has traveled to 21 countries. She likes to think she is equal parts coffee expert, yogi and proud Portlander.
- November 20, 2021 at 1:00pm – 8pm
New York, NY 10010
Google map and directions