About This Event
- Does the thought of negotiating make your stomach turn?
- Are you cycling through and feeling stuck in thoughts like "I don’t want them to think I’m ungrateful" if you negotiate for a higher salary?
- Have you Googled every tip & trick to negotiate, but are still terrified of asking for more?
- Do you think your work should speak for itself and you shouldn’t have to negotiate?
If you are a Woman of Color in technology and come up against any of these when you think about asking for what you deserve in your career, this workshop is for you!
Understanding what stops us from playing powerful and what keeps us playing small is critical in advancing in your career, standing out as a leader and achieving your true earning potential. You can apply this lesson to start negotiating and self-advocating on a daily basis (#alwaysnegotiate), and set yourself up for your next performance review or next level opportunity you are interviewing for.
This workshop is designed to jumpstart your confidence and overcome your fears and behavior patterns that stop you from activating your voice, so you can negotiate like a badass and get the pay positions and recognition you deserve.
All are welcome: This workshop is hosted by Real You Leadership (nadiadeala.com) and is designed by and for Women of Color in technology, including cis, gay, straight and non-binary trans women. If you are looking to level up your pay positions and recognition in your career, please come through! Any and all allies are welcome.
- Find out why negotiating is the #1 leadership skill for all women and femmes of color to learn
- A 3-part framework to lead authentically, gain influence, and empower relationships in your work and personal life
- How to call out those critical and self-sabotaging voices (aka inner haters) that typically stop WOCs from sharing their brilliance, setting boundaries, and negotiating for a rate or salary that reflects their value
- Why YOU are worthy of asking for more $$$, supporting your community, and creating your dream lifestyle
- Three immediate steps you can take to get clear on your career and compensation goals, take up space and speak up more, and start connecting with your confidence and stand in your value
About the Instructor
Leadership & Negotiation Coach, Nadia De Ala Coaching
Nadia De Ala is a leadership and negotiation coach, facilitator and speaker. Her purpose is to continue helping women of color in technology to get the pay, positions and recognition they deserve. Nadia advocates that it is time to close the leadership, opportunity and pay gap for all Black, Indigenous and women of color.
Through her 6-month group coaching program Real You Leadership, Nadia and her team have supported their clients in making up to 55% more bank in their base salaries, equity and overall compensation. While in this intensive program, her clients learn the mindsets and strategies to self-advocate, negotiate and lead as WOC in tech unapologetically.
- March 17, 2021 at 4:00pm – 5pm