The NY Tech Meetup is presently at capacity for in-person attendance. However, you can join remotely!
To view tonight's line up of companies, continuing scrolling, or Click here to register and attend via Zoom.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
When: Monday, December 5th
Where: Northwestern Mutual, 200 Liberty Street, 31st floor (across from the WTC) and via Zoom for remote attendees
5:30 PM - In-person Networking (Doors Open)
6:15 PM - Demo Program (In-person & via Zoom)
8:00 PM - Demo Program Ends with In-person Networking to Follow
Acting Executive Director, NYTA
Jessica Ochoa Hendrix
CEO, Killer Snails
Jessica Ochoa Hendrix, CEO of Killer Snails, has worked in K-16 education since 2003.
Ochoa Hendrix was awarded the 2019 TED Residency, an in-house incubator within
TED for breakthrough ideas and gave a TED talk on incorporating Virtual Reality into
the classroom. Ochoa Hendrix serves as the Principal Investigator for Small Business
Innovation Research Grants from the National Institutes of Health, National Science
Foundation, and the Institute of Educational Sciences. Ochoa Hendrix was recently
named the SBA New York 2022 Small Business Person of the Year.
Prior to co-founding Killer Snails, she worked as an educational consultant whose
clients included Relay Graduate School of Education and the Charter Network
Accelerator. Previously, she worked for Uncommon Schools as the Director of
Organizational Learning as the network grew from sixteen to thirty two schools.
Additionally, she served as an Education Pioneer at the New York City Department of
Education and worked with Brooklyn Prospect Charter School to launch the first
Brooklyn Prospect in 2008.
Ms. Ochoa Hendrix received her MBA with a concentration in Social Enterprise from
Columbia Business School and was awarded the prestigious Board of Overseers
Fellowship and the Nathan Gantcher Prize for Social Enterprise. Prior to business
school, she worked in marketing for the Harvard Business Review and The Economist,
and taught for four years for The Princeton Review. She holds a BA from the University
of Texas at Austin, is a proud alumna of Project Entrepreneur and serves as a member
of the World Economic Forum's Expert Network in Future of Education, Gender and
Work, Virtual and Augmented Reality and Entrepreneurship.
Peter Thum, Co-Founder & CEO, Muse
Founder and President, Ethos Water – acquired by Starbucks. Founded and built several
companies from idea to fully operating, profitable businesses. Experience with all aspects
of starting and growing companies.
- Our vision: everyone a creator.
- Our mission: Democratize digital creation by offering a no-code solution that reimagines how the web works in a way no other product has done before.
- Muse will offer everyone: The best link in Bio solution on the market: Bring all your channels & content into one place.
- A revolutionary no-code web page builder: Create pages with jaw dropping ease and showcase your creativity to the entire world.
- Simple content monetization: Your content is valuable. Make a living by pay walling it.
- A place to collaborate: Work together to create amazing content for your followers.
- The great social platform: Create, share, and discover great content and people.
Scott Hall, Founder & CEO AltHub
Founder and CEO of Althub, a data analytics company that empowers data providers to rapidly build new data products for the market. Scott's journey includes a passion for data, especially where those assets have not yet been turned into new products and insights. Scott also invests and works with a wide range of startups to mature businesses. Scott earned an MBA from Stern NYU and an EE degree from Lehigh. He lives in Brooklyn, NY with his wife and 2 young daughters and enjoys sailing, golfing, traveling and family time.
Brian is an experienced marketer, brand builder, sales leader, and strategist. He is the CEO of Dynamic 3.0, a venture builder creating the next wave of web3 projects. Brian has over 10 years of experience leading the sales and marketing efforts for multiple technology companies and startups, including building a $3M e-commerce from the ground up and overseeing 300% annual growth in inbound marketing leads through new initiatives.
His skills include business development, financial modeling, brand development, marketing strategy implementation, market analysis, public speaking, and company leadership. Brian is happiest when he’s traveling with his wife Erin and their corgi, Felix.
Danielle Gaglioti, Web3 Product Lead, Cap3 Collective
- The NY Tech Meetup is presently at capacity for in-person attendance. However, you can join remotely!
- To attend via Zoom - Click here to register (After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting)
- December 05, 2022 at 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Northwestern Mutual, 200 Liberty Street, 31st Floor + Zoom for virtual attendance
- 120 people are going